Innovation: Anti-Bacterial Gloves
For more than 200 years we have been at the forefront with innovation that can improve our gloves and thereby protect and dress your hands for all kinds of weathers and situations.
The latest innovation is an anti-bacterial treatment to our gloves – for both textile and leather gloves.
Since the Summer of 2019, we have worked together with Micro-Fresh® in developing and testing the optimal solutions and features for our gloves. We are now ready with gloves that prevent bacteria on your hands and thereby protect your health.
Micro-Fresh® is an innovative and invisible technology that is tanned into our glove-leather at our tanneries, and incorporated into our cotton and textile gloves at our glove atelier in Randers.
- Anti-bacterial: prevents up to 99.99% of micro-organisms and pathogenic bacteria
- Anti-viral: reduces contamination of virus. Treated surfaces are 80% more likely to eliminate and prevent virus than untreated surface. Testing carried out by Microbiological Solutions Limited (MSL) according to ISO18184:2019
- Eco-friendly: OEKO-TEX Standard 100. Approved in all 4 classes I-IV. European BPR Registered
- Hypo allergenic: Certified DMF free and free from restricted substances and SVHCs
- Effective for the useful lifetime of the product: maintains anti-bacterial properties beyond 50 washes for textile gloves, and stays in the leather for lifetime.
USE, WASH AND CARE
While all gloves protect your hands, the Micro-Fresh® treated gloves give you an additional protection from germs and bacteria. You can use the gloves as you normally use our gloves.
- The protective features stay within the gloves during use, even in rain and wet weather.
- Effective wash of our white cotton PROTECTIVE TRAVEL GLOVES are achieved even at low temperatures of 30°C
- We recommend that you have a few different gloves to switch between during the week
- The gloves are treated with Micro-Fresh® formula on the inside, to prevent the growth of pathogens and keep bacteria away from your hands.
Micro-Fresh® was developed by Byron Dixon, who has worked in the leather industry as a technician for 20 years, including in Denmark at ECCO as responsible for developing the finish for all their leather.
He founded Micro-Fresh® in 2006 to solve one of the problems he often found in his work; preventing the growth of mould on leather and products in transit. While solving this problem, he also found that Micro-Fresh® had additional properties that prevent odour and kills pathogenic bacteria.
Since then Micro-Fresh® has won numerous awards for their ground-breaking innovation, and has worked with world’s leading brands such as John Lewis, Marks & Spencer and Emirates in incorporating Micro-Fresh® into their products.
While Micro-Fresh® has been used in shoes, bed sheets and homeware, this is the first time to be used in gloves.
RHANDERS was introduced to Micro-Fresh® by a fellow ECCO friend, and since then the relationship has bloomed and grown with the common mission of providing fresh, healthy and innovative products to our customers.
SELECTION OF GLOVES WITH MICRO-FRESH® TREATMENT
For the Spring and Summer time, you can get our light cotton gloves, which are worn by the Queen’s Royal Guard, with Micro-Fresh®, as well as our one-size driving gloves, Frederik one-size and Diana one-size.
Stay updated on the various antibacterial styles here.